October 30th, 2019 12:00 PM EST/11:00 AM CST
Essentials of Strategic Planning
Strategic planning is not about documents. First, it is about understanding the future in which your members will live and work. Second, identifying your association’s goals given that future. Third, creating data-driven consensus on the strategies necessary to accomplish those goals.
When done successfully, you and your Board move forward together. You have a clear plan of action to drive implementation. The Board has a clear dashboard measuring progress.
In this complementary webinar, Association Laboratory will outline a simple, data-driven process to investigate, discuss and decide on a new strategic plan. You will learn the following.
- Data? – What key questions do you need to answer to inform strategic planning?
- Participants? – Who needs to participate in strategic planning?
- Roles? – What are differences in roles/responsibilities by participants?
- Discussions? – What onsite, in-person instructional design improves the likelihood of consensus?
- Vetting? – What are considerations regarding the review or vetting of your draft strategic plan?
- Implementation? – How do you begin translating your strategic plan into action?
You will review considerations and trade-offs in each area and leave the webinar with a clear understanding of a strategic planning process you can modify for use in your own association.
TO PARTICIPATE – SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND ENTER THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS AND CLICK ON GO TO PAYMENT TO REGISTER.
About Your Presenter!
Dean West, FASAE and President of Association Laboratory, is one of the nation’s most recognized experts in the research and development of business strategy for associations. Mr. West is a former association CEO and a globally recognized thought leader in association strategy. A frequent author and speaker, Mr. West counsels leading state, national and global associations on business strategy and strategic leadership and governance.
If you need more information or have questions please contact Dean West, President in our Chicago office at 312.224.2626 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.